Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Grandma B's Chocolate Chip Cookies

My Grandma B has been making these cookies for us for years. We would go to her house and she'd pull a bag out of the freezer every time. They are just as delicious frozen as fresh out of the oven with a cold glass of milk. Perfection. 

Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 4 dozen

1 c. butter or margarine, softened
2 c. brown sugar (or 1 c. white and 1 c. brown)
2 eggs
2 c. quick oats
2 c. flour (I use whole wheat)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c. chocolate chips
Mix everything together and drop from a tablespoon about 2" apart. Bake at 350* for 7-8 minutes. I find that if I bake them on the very top rack of my oven, they come out perfect. Bake until the edges are golden brown. (Remember they continue to cook a little bit when they are out of the oven.) Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. I dare you to eat just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment