Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken

I know this is supposed to be a place for things we bake, but this chicken was baked in my oven so I'm including it. It was so simple and smelled so good while it was in the oven, I knew it would be a hit. My son refused to try it but after bribing him with milk, he took a bite and polished it off.

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tub of spreadable chive and onion cream cheese (I used Philidelphia)
1 TBSP butter
salt
6 pieces of bacon

Flatten chicken breast halves to 1/2" thickness (remember, you need to be able to roll them). Spread 2-3 tablespoons of cream cheese on each breast. Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt (I completely missed this step).  Roll up. Wrap with a bacon strip.

Place rolls seam down in greased 9x13" baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400*F for about 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170*F. Broil 6" from from the heat for about 5 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.

Courtesy of "Taste of Home" Magazine. Fall 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment